Protect Your Family and Property with Home Security Systems in Sydney
Home security systems in Sydney are an investment but neglecting to install one might end up costing you considerably more. These systems help protect your home or business from a range of threats, including intruders, fires, and carbon monoxide poisoning. They’ll also give you the peace of mind you want and the convenience of remote monitoring.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Home Security
You may think that regular door and window locks are enough to keep your home safe but consider these all-too-common mistakes that can put you at risk.
- Hiding spare keys outside. Many families keep an extra key hidden outside in case a family member gets locked out. However, even inexperienced burglars know the typical hiding spots to check for spare keys. Instead, try automated door locks that you can open remotely using your smartphone to avoid the need to leave a key lying around.
- Not securing sheds and garages. Even people who are meticulous about keeping their home locked up will often leave their garage or shed unlocked without a second thought. However, burglars often target these spots because they know that they are often accessible. Worse, garages often house ladders – a “key” to the upper floor of your home.
- Neglecting security on the second floor. If a burglar does find a ladder in your garage (or elsewhere on your property), you want your upstairs windows to be locked. Even if there is no ladder accessible, many burglars are quite adept at climbing trees and shimmying up drainpipes to reach upper levels. Be sure to keep your upstairs windows locked just as you would on the ground level.
Benefits of Home Security in Sydney
If you are on the fence about whether to invest in a house alarm system or not, consider these benefits.
- Protection for your valuables. Keeping your property safe is likely the first thing you think of when you’re considering home security. We all know someone who has lost jewellery, electronics, and other expensive items due to a break-in.
- Protect your valuables and irreplaceable family heirlooms with a smart home security system.
A deterrent for crime. Criminals prefer easy targets. Neighbourhoods with more home security systems experience fewer break-ins. That means that if you install a home security system, you are not only protecting your property but also making your entire neighbourhood safer for everyone in it.
- Remote access to your home. Today’s security systems allow you to monitor your property remotely, so even when you aren’t there, you’ll know what’s happening. New technology allows homeowners to monitor their security cameras and even control door locks, lights, appliances, and more via their smartphones.
- Enhanced safety for your kids. One great aspect of home automation is the ability to keep tabs on your kids when you’re away. Watch what’s happening in your home anytime. You can even choose automatic door locks that allow you to unlock them to let your kids in after school and keep them from having to carry a key (and potentially lose it).
Related Services We Provide to Home Alarm Systems
A few of the services we offer include:
- Business and home security. We are leaders in the supply and installation of a wide range of security systems for your home or business. Whether you need a complex integrated commercial system or a basic home system, we have a solution.
- Repairs and breakdowns. We don’t only install new systems; we can also service existing ones. We make home and business service calls for all major types and brands of security systems. We’ll repair your system quickly, correctly, and professionally.
- Back-to-base monitoring. Back-to-base monitoring means that we will connect your system to our monitoring centre, staffed by trained and licensed security professionals. That means that we’ll monitor your property and family 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Camera systems with smartphone integration. Today, virtually everyone has a smartphone, and we’re all accustomed to using our phones for everything from checking the weather to taking pictures to staying in touch. Why not use your phone for security alerts as well?
- Building automation. Do you suffer from the stress of wondering whether you remembered to lock the door or close the garage? Or are several different people in and out and you’re concerned that something might get left unlocked accidentally? Get reminders if a door is left unlocked with our building automation feature.
About KJ ELECTRONIC SECURITY
At KJ ELECTRONIC SECURITY, we provide home security systems to homes and businesses in the Sydney area. In an industry with plenty of subpar practitioners, we stand out as a reliable, trustworthy, and above-board company that you can trust with your home security. From simple home security systems to video verification capabilities using home security cameras in Sydney, we can help keep you, your property, and the people inside safe and sound. Contact us today to learn more.